The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, May 03, 2006


O-O O EE-O, DEL-GADO!!!!! Carlos Delgado writing in his diary after tonight's win: Dear Diary: Billy Wagner owes me big time. I saved his ass tonight after he blew another save. I don't know if I'll ask him for one of those goofy alpaca's he raises to make myself a nice sweater or have him drive me to the next anti-war rally. Some quick hits on tonight's game: I live about 20 miles from Shea Stadium as the crow fly's and there wasn't a drop of rain here. I couldn't believe how bad the weather conditions were. I was very surprised around the 6th inning the umpires didn't hold up the game as there were puddles in the infield. All I kept thinking was either Beltran or Reyes was going to blow out a hamstring and that Crew Chief Larry Poncino would be out of a job. You weren't holding your breath in the 6th when Reyes tripled? Willie Randolph said after the game that because of the bad conditions he took Petey out after 6 innings and only 77 pitches. Petey was classic tonight with a moving fastball and pin point command of his breaking ball. I'm lighting so many votive candles for Petey's good health my yard looks like an East New York murder site. How the hell does Adam Dowdy get to be a big league ump? I know this nitwit is a vacation fill in but if he's the best MLB has to bring up that's just sad. In the Mets 6th KazMat bunted and stumbled out of the box as the mud was up to his ankles and was called out at 1st even though the replay showed very clearly that 1st baseman Jose Hernandez' foot was off the bag. Endy Chavez should have had a 5 for 5 night but for official scorer Howie Carp's screw up. Chavez hit a ball to Jack Wilson at short that hit him in the nuts as it skidded off the wet grass. Wilson still had the presence of mind to make a throw to1st but it was too late to get Chavez. Instead of being like 99.9% of the official scorers in baseball and giving the hometown player the benefit of the doubt, Carp gave an error on the play and that sucks. Meanwhile Chavez made the play of the game with a sliding catch in the 11th inning. Wagner has now blown 3 saves in 10 chances this season which is some what Looper-esque, I won't kill him for this one as it looked as though the mound was a mess and the Mets did win the game so I guess all is forgiven but 3 blown saves in a month is not very good. Mets are now 18-9 5 games ahead of second place Philly. The Braves after losing tonight are 6 back. < |