The Eddie Kranepool Society

Sunday, April 02, 2006


ONE MORE DAY I CAN'T WAIT Even though Benny Blanco from da Bronx thinks my ass is old after seeing me on Mets Weekly, I feel like a kid as tomorrow is opening day and I'll be at Shea. Now of course, yesterday was 75 degrees in NYC and today the temps will be in the upper 60's with sunshine. Tomorrow? Well first let me tell you it has not rained in NYC all of March. In fact this was the driest March ever in NYC. So of course the weather jerks are calling for showers and temps near 50. So since I'm sitting in the Upper Deck you deduct 15 degrees that brings the temps to 35. Add in the wind chill, that drops it another 20 so I'm looking at a one thermal, one long sleeve t-shirt, one sweatshirt, parka, two pairs of socks, Timberlands, ski hat, pair of gloves kind of day. Typical Shea Stadium opening day weather. It's funny because it seems every opening day it seems like it's always like going to the Ididarod but I do remember a couple of nice opening days in fact just about maybe 6 or 7 years ago I beleive the temps were in the 80's. But those are very rare indeed. According to Ch4 the rain looks like it could hold off untill evening. http://wnbc.nbcweatherplus.com/wxpdetails/wxp001/detail.html?qs=;tab=tomorrow;token=undefined So who else is going to Shea tomorrow? Drop me a comment if you are. < |