The Eddie Kranepool Society

Saturday, March 04, 2006


FROM KEN ROSENTHAL'S COLUMN: {Look for Mets third base coach Manny Acta, manager of the Dominican Republic in the World Baseball Classic, to be one of the next hot managerial candidates. "It's only a matter of time before he gets a job," one rival executive says. "He's a gamer, yet under control. And he communicates well." If Willie Randolph flops, it's not out of the question that Acta could be the Mets' next manager .} As much as Willie makes me shake my head at times, I want him to succeed. In fact I want Willie to be the winningest manager in Mets history because I'm dying for a winning team, a playoff team and World Championship team. But what is interesting is the Mets have a few replacements around in case Willie and the team collapses. First off Ken Oberkfell is ready and able in Norfolk and seems to be a favorite with the Mets blogging community along with HOJO as his first lieutenant. Then you have Kid Carter who would walk from St. Lonesome to Queens for the job. Never discount Bobby Valentine either who would think hard if offered back his old job. And now we rumbling about Manny Acta as a ready replacement. If I were Willie I'd make damn sure this team gets out to a fast start. http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/5378632 < |