The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, March 08, 2006


AN AMERICANS DILEMMA I have to admit I'm enjoying the end of the Panama-Cuba WBC game (Cuba is ahead 8-6 in the 12th inning) but the problem I have is when I switch over to ESPN to watch USA-Canada. The Canadians are up 5-0 in the 4th as USA starter Dontrelle Willis has just hit the 65 pitch mark and guess who the managerial challenged Buck Martinez bring in, the washed up Rosalita Leiter. That Leiter is even on this team is a joke and that he is even being used to just awful managing. Anyway here is my dilemma. I love America. I love being an American. But how the fuck can I root for a team that includes most of the players in baseball that make my skin crawl. The personality challenged Derek Jeter, the Transgendered Aleixs Rodriguez, the insufferable MF Clemens, the adulterous Larry Jones, the waaaayy over exposed Rosalita Leiter, and Benedict Arnold Dammon. Do you know how hard it is to root for Team USA with this bunch leading the way? What do I do, become Swiss. Shit. I'm perplexed.

(Update: Team USA is losing 7-0 to Canada in the 4th inning. It's so bad Dan O'Brien has even mentioned the mercy rule going into effect. Rosalita Leiter is fone from this one and Washington Nats relevier Gary Majewski is now on to pitch. Majewski gets out of the inning so USA is up in the bottom of the 4th down 7-0 W O W ) < |