The Eddie Kranepool Society

Saturday, February 25, 2006


There is a story in today's Star-Ledger on the close realationship of David Wright and Cliff Floyd. Floyd did not start out trying to be the big brother to Wright it was something that just happened: {Sometimes things just kind of fall into your lap," Floyd said yesterday, "and he fell into my lap. I wasn't told by anybody and I didn't set out to take somebody under my wing. But, when you're taught something as a young player and told by the veterans, 'When your time comes, you do the same thing,' it stays with you. "I didn't want to be no daddy away from home. If we were (playing) in Florida, I probably wouldn't even have done it. But playing up in New York, it's a little different. I thought he needed it and we connected." } http://www.nj.com/mets/ledger/index.ssf?/base/sports-0/1140849271133880.xml&coll=1 < |