The Eddie Kranepool Society

Monday, February 20, 2006


.......OAKLAND ROLLING NOW..... When I hear the name Curt Gowdy, those are the first words that pop into my head. Curt Gowdy passed away today at the age of 86. There is no play by play man around today that could match Gowdy. Gowdy and Al DeRogatis (the best color anylast in televised football history) made fall and winter Sunday afternoons special. Same in the summer when Gowdy was teamed with Tony Kubeck on the Game of the Week. After I heard of his passing, I started to jog my memory of all the moments I heard Gowdy make the calls. The Hedi game. All the World Series games from the mid 60's to the late 70's. Super Bowl III. Raiders-Chiefs football games. Game 6 of the '75 World Series. Hank Aaron's 715th home run. Great games and great calls. Rest in Peace Cowboy. http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2337202 < |