The Eddie Kranepool Society

Monday, November 28, 2005


He was just blinded by the light Cut loose like a deuce, another runner in the night Blinded by the light Mama always told me not to look into the sights of the sun Oh, but Mama, that's where the fun is I was blinded I was blinded I was blinded Oh my, here we go again. Last year, it was Sammy Sosa, this year it's Manny Ramirez. Word this weekend is the Mets are back in the Manny sweepstakes and it looks like this could happen. If it does, it means bye-bye to Lastings Milledge as he will most likely be the main chip goin to Boston. At this point do the Mets really need Manny? From all the stories I've read it seems Manny wants to go to either Anaheim or Arizona so he can walk around the mall without people recognize him. It seems his beef with the fans in the Hub is they can't get enough Manny and it has worn on him. The biggest problem here to me with landing Manny is it will cripple the Mets minor league system. As we saw last season when injuries hit there is no one at the Triple A level you can bring up to make a contribution. If Cliff Floyd is still a Met on opening day and with Delgado and if Manny is a Met, you have three big injury risks here. Floyd we know is an debilitating injury waiting to happen. Delgado is 34 years old so the likelyhood of injury increases. Manny is also 34 so he too could start to experience nagging injuries that could force him from the lineup. I hate to throw cold water on Omar's lust but I hope like last year when the majority of the front office convinced him that Sosa was a no-no they can talk him out of the Manny deal. I have a feeling they can't. http://www.northjersey.com/page.php?qstr=eXJpcnk3ZjczN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXkxMTQmZmdiZWw3Zjd2cWVlRUV5eTY4Mjc1ODYmeXJpcnk3ZjcxN2Y3dnFlZUVFeXk2 (TO POST A COMMENT PLEASE CLICK ON THE TIME OF THIS POSTING)

< |