The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, November 23, 2005


"FOUR MORE YEARS" It looks like it will take the Mets giving a 4yr/$40 mil contract to Billy Wagner to get his name on the dotted line. It comes down to money as always. Here's Wagner's qoute about seeing the NYC he nevers get to see from his hotel room: {I saw a different side of New York that you don't normally see when you come here as a player," he said. "Four or 5 years ago, I wouldn't have been as receptive to playing in New York as I am now. What I've experienced the past few years [in Philadelphia] has made it much easier. Everybody knows New York is tough, but I'm more suited for it than I was 2 or 3 years ago." } I guess Wagner figuered he could slum it through Greenwich as long as he's making $10 mil a year. http://www.philly.com/mld/dailynews/sports/13239300.htm < |