The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, September 07, 2005


I caught you knockin'at my cellar door I love you, baby,can I have some more Ooh, ooh, the damage done. I hit the city andI lost my band I watched the needle take another man Gone, gone, the damage done. Not much to say about last nights game except that the Mets season is about to fade away. With last nights loss they are 91/2 back of the Braves (no I didn't think they'd catch the Bravos) and 4 back of the 'Stros add in last night was the 8th loss on the last 11 games and it's alos the 4th straight series loss, does it really matter that Trax has taken The Zambrano Projects spot? It does for the sole reason that this looks like the end of Zambrano's Mets career. The player who will be forever lined with Scott Kazmir is arbitration eligible after this season and it looks like the Mets will non-tender Zambrano. If this is true then it will be a big credit to Omar Minaya. http://www.thejournalnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050907/SPORTS01/509070351/1108/SPORTS01 If Minaya lets Zambrano go then maybe we Mets fans can stop banging our heads against the wal about Kazmir. I'm a fine one to say that I know as I watch every Kazimr start I can on Direct TV and I will follow the kids career very closely because like everyone else I can't believe he was traded. But if Zambrano were to leave the organization it could be a step in the right direction where Omar would be saying I'm can't keep this guy just to save face around here. If can't compete he's got to hit the street. "OREL HERSHIER UNHAPPY IN TEXAS"? Again I just wonder but how secure is Professor Rick in his pitching coach position? As far as I'm concerned I would keep Peterson for as long as he wants to be here as I believe he's one of the top pitching experts in the game. I think he has gotten way too much blame for the Kazimr trade as guys like Al Goldis and Bill Livesy have hung Peterson out to dry on this deal. But Peterson has been the good soldier and has not retaliated against those two old farts and has helped this organization build a fine pitching staff. But I wonder what his relationship is with Willie and Omar? Especially Omar. Omar inherited Gary LaRocque and his staff and we've seen what has happened to them, I just wonder with Orel Hershier rumbling about leaving Arlington would Omar make a move? Hershier is looking to be more than a pitching coach as he has his sights on managing or the front office so you could see a scenario where Omar would bring in Hershiser to work in the front office and maybe take a look at the organization pitchers and maybe even work with Peterson. How much say would Willie have in all this as he and Peterson look to work well together. Hell, I could see Hershiers going back to the Dodgers and DePo getting the ax as well. Stay tuned! http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/baseball/12560338.htm MILLEDGE IN '06? Lasting Milledge continues to wow the baseball world with his performance for Team USA in World Cup play. The Mets have to think about having Milledge as a regular outfielder in 2006. http://www.baseballamerica.com/today/news/050906worldcup.html (to post a comment please click on the time of this posting) < |