The Eddie Kranepool Society

Tuesday, August 02, 2005


�OUCH! I JUST GOT BIT IN THE ASS� �I did not have sex with that woman, Ms. Lewinsky (Bill Clinton) �I am not a crook� (Richard Nixon) �Indians? Nah there�s no Indians around here� (General George Custer) Now you can add Rafael Palmeiro�s �I have never used steroids. Period. I don�t know how to say it any more clearly� to those famous quotations, Palmeiro after getting caught testing positive for steroids used the last line of defense that he didn�t know there steroids in what he was taking. As I tell people everyday when they receive a summons for no permits �Ignorance is not a defense� and that goes for athletes as well. The ramifications of Palmeiro testing piss positive are far reaching. You know Congress will now call for a new investigation and will try to pass some sort of Federal regulation that will make the penalties agreed to by MLB and the MLBPA look like after school detention. If I were Donald Fehr and Gene Orza I�d pull a Goodnow and take a powder as the U.S. Congress will do what the Used Car Salesman and the his past office holders only dreamed of doing, grab the MLBPA by their collective balls and squeeze them in a vice grip. The Fehr/Orza rein of terror looks to be broken by their member in good standing Rafael Palmerio. How can the blowhard Fehr and his squeaky wheel sidekick Orza fight against tough drug policies in baseball now that a boarder line Hall of Famer who testified to Congress that he did not use steroids defend him after this discovery? Can you just see the first time both parties sit down to negotiate the next CBA how the Used Car Salesman will get whatever he wants because his trump cards are U.S. Senators and Congressmen? The worst part of this whole steroid fiasco is that �the rat bastard canary snitch� Jose Canseco looks like the pillar of truth and justice. I guess Ex-Pudge Rodriguez has no comment. Anyone seen Former Big Mac McGwire? Any comment from Tony �He�s innocent I tell ya, innocent� LaRussa? I didn�t think so. �GOTTA HAVE A FRIEND IN JESUS� When asked how he coped with the viciousness of the fans in Houston, Carlos Beltran said I went to church this morning (before Sunday�s game) and I heard the message, Always expect good things to happen� (TO POST A COMMENT PLEASE CLICK ON THE TIME OF THIS POSTING) < |