The Eddie Kranepool Society

Tuesday, July 19, 2005


"WE'RE JUST YOUR AVERAGE MAJOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM" Doesn't matter if they play in the day time, night time or against lefties or righties, the NY Mets are playing .500 ball against all of those elements. In fact this team has been 13-13, 23-23,33-33 and 43-43. With this 10 game home stand continuing as the Padres and Dodgers come to Shea and then three games in the Launching Pad of Coors (Where Mike Piazza LOVES to hit)could there be a 10 game winning streak at the end of this string of games? I wish, but as the season has gone, it will most likely be 5-5. Looks like Danny Graves is looking at the bright side of Mets life: ["I know the results aren't as good as we would like them to be, but I think I am making progress," Graves said. "I just hope that things start turning around real soon than later. But I'm starting to get the feel. I'm just not getting the results, but I feel like I'm getting close."] (to post a comment please click on the time of this posting) < |