The Eddie Kranepool Society

Saturday, May 14, 2005


"BLOGGING AND MANGING AI'NT EASY" I have been slacking in my posts here as the job of managing a 9 yr. old Little League team has consumed most of my free time. The biggest task has been having four kids who have never played baseball before and another two or three who also need lots of work. So with the majority of our games being played during the week (we are 3-5 in the throws of losing 4 of our last 5 games) my coaches and I have scheduled Saturday practices that start at 9 am and don't end till noon. Between trying to teach which base to throw to and the proper way to field a fly ball to throwing batting practice, by the time I get back home on a Saturday afternoon my soon to be 47 year old ass and left arm is dragging. But I did get to see Petey have a second bad start but I did miss Titan To have a nifty start last night as I was at my second home at the Little League with my team getting shelled. I tossed the scorebook after we were down 13-1 after 4. But I digress, Titan Tom it seems went back to pitching 101. Take a little off the velocity to gain command of the strike zone. He was able to hit his corners and keep the hitters off balance with the fastball/change up combo and was vintiage Glavine. The Mets may need to pettion to have "Balking" Bob Davidson behind the plate for the rest of Glavine's starts. Petey had a tough time with Mark Grudzulanc today as he was the Cards hitting star. Petey gave up 5 earned runs in his last start against the Brewskies and 5 earned today thanks to a 4 RBI day by Grudzie (2 run homer, RBI single and a Sac Fly) and Roberto Hernadez proved not to be bullet proof either today. So it's left to Aaron Heilman to grab the rubber game of the three game set tomorrow. < |