The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, March 23, 2005


"ANYONE OUT THERE WANT TO BE MY NEIGHBOR?" John Franco has put his house on Staten Island up for sale. Now John lives in the Todt Hill section of the Island which is one of the most expensive areas in NYC. I live right below that in Dongan Hills which is nothing like Todt Hill. It's funny because I had seen Franco many times in Brooklyn as he lived in Bensonhurst right near two of my favorite eating spots, John' Deli and Spumoni Gardens. When I'd run into him I'd say hello and bullshit a bit as John was just a regular "neighborhodd guy". Then when I moved to Staten Island I would run into him at the staten Island Little League where his son played and played quite well and he was the same "neighborhood guy". As much as I wanted him to leave the Mets and really never cared much for him as a pitcher, I find it sadand kind of strange that he would up and leave NYC. Hey if you have $8.2 mil lying around we can be neghibors!! (to post a comment please click on the time of this posting) < |