The Eddie Kranepool Society

Tuesday, February 17, 2004


Eric McErlain of the entertaining and informative Off Wing Opinion, has joined myself and Avkash in the No Whine Zone of Mets fans. Sidebar: I forgot to bring my music CD's to work today so I listened to some sports talk radio here in NYC. There was more and more so called Mets fans whining again especially to My Big Fat Obnoxious Talk Show Host aka Mike Francessa, about how bad the Mets will be this season. When the Mets are in the hunt for the Wild Card in September all of you can kiss my Royal Irish arse! Sorry about that. Back to the subject at hand. Eric has a truly brilliant post on his site about the Mets pedigree. We are the legacy left by John McGraw and of Jackie Robinson and we should always celebrate our National League roots. I also agree with Eric about the Mets uni's. Go back to the original Mets uniform with blue and orange as our colors and no names on the back. It's a classic. But the most important part is go back to the philosophy that was the most successful, Pitching and Defense. < |