The Eddie Kranepool Society

Wednesday, January 21, 2004


I have another name to throw into the hat for the right handed half of the OF platoon. Ron Acuna. I never see this guy named on any of our prospects list but from what I can gather, he can hit, he can play the outfield, and he has speed. His downside it seems is he has no power at the plate. Last year at Bighamton here were his digits: .304/.350/.358 28 2b 3 3b 2 HR 70 R 50 rbi 24 sb He played this winter for Magallanes of the Venezuelan Winter League where he put up these numbers in 194 ab's: .276/.359/.423 9 2b 4 3b 4 HR 26 R 24 rbi 3 sb I don't know why he was not even thought about last September when the roster went to 40 men, but he is a spring training invitee so maybe he can catch Artie and The Dukes eye in Port St. Lonesome. As you can see, I will not rest until I find a replacement for Cedeno/Timo. It's my life's mission < |