The Eddie Kranepool Society

Tuesday, March 18, 2003


The Purveyor of Penance has spoken Bob Watson has made his decision on the case of Piazza v. Mota. Adam Rubin has the details in the NY Daily News (add link) I had said in a prior post that I thought Piazza would get 3 games and Mota would receive 7 games. Well, Watson has determined that Piazza should get 5 games with a $5,000 fine and Motta gets 5 games as well and a $1,500 fine. I wanted to rant and rave about this, but when you look it over it seems fair. The only beef I have is with Motta�s sentence. Mota was clearly the instigator and in my opinion his actions were premeditated. His punishment should be more severe. Dodger manager Jim Tracey also gets a way Scot free, while Jeromy Burnitz gets a $500 fine. It seems as Piazzas� trip to the Dodger clubhouse, added 2 games to his sentence. After Piazza appeals the ruling, I can see Bob Du Pay baseballs COO-who will hear the appeal-knock off 1 game off the suspension and have it start April 1 so that Piazza is in the opening day line up. < |