The Eddie Kranepool Society

Saturday, March 22, 2003


I want to watch todays Mets-Braves game but it is just to damn nice outside. It is going to be 65 and sunny and my son needs batting practice-I am the manager of his Little League team I would say my style isa combanation Gil Hodges and Billy Martin without the booze - so I think I'll tape the game and watch it this evening. I want to see former Denver Schools Chancellor Mike Hampton who is pitching for the Braves. Here are Hamptons digits for the spring: W L IP ERA BB K 0 0 14 7.07 8 4 I guess Leo the Magnificent has not worked his magic yet with Mikey For the Mets Senator Al Leiter will start for the Mets. Leiter is 3-1 with a 4.97 ERA in 12 2/3 innings pitched. Maybe Art Howe can find a way to Jae Seo some innings since he has been the only young pitcher to show smething possitive this spring. Seo has regained velocity on his fastbal which sets up his breaking ball and terrific chage up nicely. While Jason Middlebrook and Mike Bacsik have gotten double the innings as Seo(Middlebrook 15 IP 6-230 ERA, Bacsik 13 IP 6.23 ERA) they have not shown they deserve a statring spot in this rotation. If Seo continues to show as he has this spring that he is healthy, then the Mets should give him the 4 spot till the Mule is healthy < |